With summer temperatures soaring, there is nothing like shopping for things online, sitting in the comfort of your home. From being a novelty just a couple of years ago, online shopping is slowly but surely gaining trust. We depend on it for ‘serious’ stuff and not just those things we would order to tell friends we’re online savvy. Of course we need to watch out to ensure we get the right product and the best deal – to make it all worth the while. Here are a few hacks to make your shopping exactly that – more pleasant and profitable!
· -While shopping for garments, always check the size chart there are usually variations in this among brands. Also use size filters to avoid the pain of choosing an item only to discover that it is not available in your size.
· -Try sites that offer free shipping both ways and order for extras – for example you could buy multiple sizes of the same piece to ensure you get the best fit. Of course you could return the one that doesn’t suit you at no extra cost. Do understand the return policies before making your purchases.
· -Not sure about an item? Just put it in your cart and exit the site without making the purchase. Sometimes brands will get back to you and offer you a special discount. All you need to do is to have an account set up before you close. Also ensure you the ‘OK contact me’ for special offers option when you register.
· -If you have any favourite items you wish to buy but are undecided, make a shopping list and then get to aggregate shopping sites like Polyvore and Shop Style. Search for those items to decide on the best deal. It is possible that different sites could be selling the same product at different prices.
· -Use online wallets like Paytm, MobiKwik, etc to pay on sites which has these as payment methods. You will get at least 10% cashback and depending upon wallet and merchant site it might be more.
Just follow these simple hacks and you will realize online shopping can save you time and money. Of course more time and money means more shopping!